Recommended Simple Chip Amplifier Circuit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I'm looking for a relatively simple amplifier circuit to build, preferably based on an IC (possibly some kind of gainclone?). I have spent some time searching these forums (and the internet at large) for such a thing, however had little luck in finding anything. I would prefer the amplifier to be mains powered, and I do not want to build one from a kit.
Thanks!

Every chip amp IC has a Datasheet that has the information on opperating the chip which includes a schematic so just look up the Datasheets for the chips (EG:TDA2030 , TDA2040 , TDA2050 , TDA7293 , TDA7294 , LM3886 ect) ....

What do you mean by "Mains Powered" ?? Pretty much any amp that doesn"t run off of batteries is mains powered through a Transformer and DC power supply .......

If you mean powered directly off of the mains then it is both unsafe and not practical if not impossible .......

Cheers

Are the example circuits on the datasheets generally the best ones to start with then? By mains powered I did mean via a transformer, I mentioned this in the hope that suggested circuits would include more specifically what would be good to use for a power supply.
Thanks.

Relatively simple is a flexible description. If you check the Forum, you will find that the more common ICs like LM38xx, TDA72xx, TDA20xx are perceived as easy-to-build by some and as complex and difficult by others.

Really simple are many of the TDAs designed for cars, e.g. the TDA85xx series. They need as little as an input cap per channel, a resistor and a single rail power supply.

For useful recommendations it would help, if you were more specific about the type of amp. Mono, stereo, multi-channel? What speakers do you plan to connect? How loud does it need to be? Does sound quality matter?

If you are on low budget I would suggest looking at the PSU first.

See what PSU you can afford and then work up from there.

The three biggest costs in a DIY build are PSU, Heatsink and Case. Most of the gainclones don't need enormous heatsinks and every project is going to need a case of some kind. That leaves the PSU.

My budget for this project is limited, as it is my first real attempt at such a device so I would prefer not to have to spend large sums of money in case it does not work out. As such, I am not looking for audiophile-grade sound quality or huge amounts of power. The amp will be connected to a couple of moderately sized bookshelf speakers (not of fantastic quality).

Thanks for the website suggestions, the first one is blocked by Avast but the second one looks promising, particularly this project: Opamp Based Power Amp Where would be a good place to buy a suitable PSU/heatsink (and also other components I guess)? I live in the UK.

My budget for this project is limited, as it is my first real attempt at such a device so I would prefer not to have to spend large sums of money in case it does not work out. As such, I am not looking for audiophile-grade sound quality or huge amounts of power.
Class D prebuild is the way to go something like this

2 X 125Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board - IRS2092 _Audio Amplifier Boards_Audio Amplifier and other Audio Boards_Audio_Sure Electronics' Webstore

there are other audio-modules over there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.