Total Newbee trying to find a amp to do!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I'm trying to find a amp to do, Id like to build a small amp of about 2 x 20watt @ 4ohm or maybe lower impedance if possible
To give you an idea of what I want and what I could do! (please don't laugh out loud! lol):

Here a page with different easy to get kits:
http://www.canakit.com/Contents/Divisions/Div_4.asp

Here a small kit I seen!
http://www.canakit.com/Contents/Items/CK194.asp

I know they are cheap and have probably a bad sound...

I'm canada and Id like a kit, I don't mind to built a power suply section (with transfo, diode and caps) (and I maybe preffer it!)
I don't mind how they will sound! and I just want some bad 20 to 40watt!
The most important is that the kit is easy to get in canada!
I seen some nice kit from selectronic in France but they are harder to get.

Also I'd like to know if it's possible to bridge amplifier like the one show in the kit...
It's a 16watt x 2 @ 4ohm and 12watt @ 8ohm
So maybe I could get 32watt @ 2 ohm, 24watt @ 4ohm and 12 @ 8ohm by putting 2 kit in parrallel,
If I use diferents volume control like stereo ones by channel?

I know that I can seem fool but everybody began somewhere and this post is not a joke!

Tanks to any anwser or kit recomandation!

You have a nice site!
very infromative!

I want to know where people are getting their part in canada?
Because i seen some interesting shematic! but there lot of part and i don't think I can get them all in canada!

I was talking to my local electronic store, the guys couldn't get any TDA module or any audio IC! That doN,t helpme much!
He couldn't even found a good tranfo,
I was asking for one and the only one he was trying to sell me was a complete 12v.one... Even if I said I just wanted the transfo he showed me some old 0 - 18v. one! of about 20VA!!!

Well Mantronic, it depends on where you live in Quebec. In Montreal I've found nearly everything I needed to complete a few amps. They're mostly Slone's, Holtons or Pass desgned amps so rather much more complex than some GainClone but it just goes to show you that, you can probably find everything in Montreal or so. For the hard to find parts like the transformers and some special mosfets, I found them online. I must admit that these customs are a bit tiresome but still, it is reasonable to consider importing those parts. Online, I would suggest MCM , Mouser and Digikey. Digikey is fastest one for deliveries. Mouser is often quite cheaper though. Locally, in Laval there is Maddison for quite a lot of surplus parts. In Montreal there is Addisson (not affiliated to Maddisson), Active Electronics and FutureElectronics. On the south-shore, there is Master-Vox and King Georges Electronique, both located in Longueuil.

Juste au cas où, vlà la traduction. Ca dépends d'où tu vis au Québec. Si t'es dans la région de Montréal, tu peux trouver tout ce dont t'as besoin pour faire un ampli maison. J'ai réussi à quelques reprises. Parfois par contre, y'a des pièces qui faut importer. Les transformateurs sont disponibles de Plitron au Canada mais avec 5 semaines de livraison alors que Avell Lindberg les a en stock. Je préfère donc les importer de Avell, pour les avoir plus rapidement. Pour les autres composantes, j'ai commandé de plusieurs sources aux États-Unis sans problème, sauf bien sur les douanes... Dans les meilleurs t'as Digi-key qui est le plus rapide à livrer. Mouser est souvent moins cher et MCM sont les seuls à avoir certains transistors difficiles à obtenir. Dans la région de Montréal, t'as Maddison à Laval qui ont pas mal de surplus. Ensuite à Montréal même, t'as Active Electronique, Future Électronique et Addisson qui ont pas mal de stock. Sur la rive sud, t'as Master-Vox et King George Electronique qui ont aussi des surplus.

www.digi-key.ca
www.mouser.com
www.mcmelectronics.com
www.master-vox.com
www.kge.ca
www.maddison.ca
www.addison-electronique.com

If you're thinking MCM Electronics and you're in Canada go to:

canada.newark.com

Same parent company, they sell in Canadian dollars, and you get your stuff in about two days via UPS for EIGHT dollars shipping!

It took me far too long to figure that out after paying $$ for shipping from MCM, plus waiting longer and having to go to the post office to pick it up and pay even more money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.