Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th March 2012, 10:35 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default LM3886 Chipamp and Carlos's psu beginner questions

Hi there, this is my first post , and I have some questions

my aim is to build an lm3886 gc to connect it to my computer , so i am planning to :
pc sound card >> this Preamp >>this chipamp .. (wrong configs?)

So I am buildnig a Carlos's PSU to power the chipamps and these're my questions :

1- How can I supply the preamp ? my simplest idea is to to connect lm7815,7915 to the out (or after resevoir caps) of Carlos's psu and have +/-35 and +/-15 out of carlos's ... Is that correct ?.. I mean will this affect the performance that Carlos intended to improve in his psu ?

2- I realy had a hard time finding a dual sec transformer in my country , It's very uncommon and If I want one I should get it custom-made(very expensive) .. So can I build Carols's with centre-tapped? . If yes , plz give me a recommended (amperage) rating for the transformer and a voltage rating(for both reg and ureg versions) as well . Also is there any performance difference between CT and DS transformers for the above config ?

Thanks in Advance
Old 14th March 2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Minion is offline Minion  Canada
diyAudio Member

You know that your computer audio out is allready preamped right ??

Pluss your computer media player can run plugins for EQ and allready has it"s own EQ so there is no real need for a preamp .....
Old 15th March 2012, 12:11 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minion View Post
You know that your computer audio out is allready preamped right ??

Pluss your computer media player can run plugins for EQ and allready has it"s own EQ so there is no real need for a preamp .....

Hi Minion ,
I am using that preamp to be able to use its tone controls , plus , my aim is to make h/w equalization not s/w
Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!