First attempt to build a Power amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all! I've build a Power amp based on the TDA7250 that i think is a good amp and economic amp!
I use a SMPS as Power Supply. From +14 to +/-42V@2.2A that i think should be enough for this amp.
OR not?
My problem is that i don't ear no sound from it.. what should be? I know that maybe a mistake on soldering but
What are the main things to check...?
As Q1 and Q2 i've used TIP142/147 that should be enough to have 70W+
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanx in advance for all the suggest and to all the ppl that will give an answer...

Firstly, as I'm sure you're aware...you only need to post this in one forum. Since the heart of this circuit is an IC, it should go in either the Car Audio or Chip Amps forums. If it is for a car then you have a choice - otherwise it should be in the Chip Amps. People will answer you if they want to and spam won't change that.

Assuming that all is soldered correctly (check for dry solder joints) then you should check pinouts (especially for short circuits at input signal, power supply and output signal.

Have you measured the voltage in the power supply at the pins of the chip?

Gaz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.