50W Stereo Kit amp runs for 1 min, clips then turns off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did you put the ground on both channels? Because if you see the right channel the wire is not like the left channel. missing ground from input. move the ground from speaker of the right channel and put the ground for the input where the speaker ground is now and get a wire from "0" power supply to there.

Ok. So although that was another mistake, unfortunatly it is not the mistake as it is a common ground between speaker and signal. Changing that wire has made it conform to the diagram but since it was already connected to ground it has not changed the problem. I have also run the speaker/input ground to the 0V of the power supply but to no avail.

Ok. So although that was another mistake, unfortunatly it is not the mistake as it is a common ground between speaker and signal. Changing that wire has made it conform to the diagram but since it was already connected to ground it has not changed the problem. I have also run the speaker/input ground to the 0V of the power supply but to no avail.

ok. if you fallow all from schematic, now is time to check those LM3886. if you have "spare" just replace one to see.

I'm reading the data sheet now. I have no idea about how one goes about testing them though. The only issue I have with testing them both is that it is rather unlikley that both of them are faulty. If only one channel was having the issue it would be easy but because both are doing the same thing at the same time, it suggests that it's probably a power supply issue. What are your thoughts?

I'm reading the data sheet now. I have no idea about how one goes about testing them though. The only issue I have with testing them both is that it is rather unlikley that both of them are faulty. If only one channel was having the issue it would be easy but because both are doing the same thing at the same time, it suggests that it's probably a power supply issue. What are your thoughts?

You are suppose to have V- and V+ voltages and they should be 35vdc. if you got them, it means it is not the power supply!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.