Bought a XY LM3886 Kit.

Hi guys,
Below I have presented a single measurement of this amplifier in frequency region.
My measurement jig consists of:
1. Xonar U7 MKII sound card
2. Dummy load consisting of four 22 Ohm 100 W resistors (400W in total)
3. Attenuator

Meassurements have been performed with the use of Arta Software.
Input: 418 mV RMS
Output: 9 V RMS
Dummy load resistance: 5.5 Ohm
Power supply: Capacitance Multiplier +/- 22V

Modest tools but quite adequate for the purpose of a DIYer.

Measurements are what they are. You can read into them whatever you want. Feel free to create your own opinion and I will not interfere. I have no interest whatsoever to influence your opinion. I make my money in a fair manner in a quite different profession, and I’m happy with that. However I perform instrumental measurements almost on daily basis and know very well how to understand the results and present them to other people, when necessary, without imposing my opinion. This is a sacred territory for me.

However, when someone presents measurements of such a modest amplifier and comments them fiery for six years, in unnecessary length of 15 pages with almost 300 posts, then the whole matter becomes suspicious – Despite the disclaimers.

On the other hand, there are plenty of diyers who like their amplifiers based on XY board. I understand them because this amplifier sounds great for my taste. However, I find utterly unkind individuals who underestimate this as cheap bad amplifier with saying “Your time, Your money”. But, my opinion is all mine and it belongs to me.

XY-9VRMS.Into.5.5Ohm.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user