Bought a XY LM3886 Kit. - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2012, 02:15 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much, Andrew.

I am still waiting for the stuff from China, as soon as I receive the amp and psu boards I'll post the pictures, I would like you to please look at them and tell me what corrections need to be made.
Old 6th March 2012, 02:17 PM   #22
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

post pics of both sides of the amp PCB.
Old 6th March 2012, 02:30 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

As the board is going to be internal to the case I can't see what difference the brightness of the LEDs makes ??
Old 6th March 2012, 03:27 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Will he want to bring the LEDs to the front panel so that he sees which input is selected?
Old 14th March 2012, 04:10 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default Amplifier PCB pictures.

Hi guys:

I finally received the amp and psu boards yesterday. Here, I'm posting pictures of the front and back. They are not sharp because I didn't want to use flash, but I think they are good enough to see the cards layout.

I have a few questions:

The instructions that came with the amp boards is confusing. It says that these boards can be used individually or in parallel connection.

It says that when used individually, or "one piece mode" as it literally says on the sheet, the R1 resistor doesn't have to be installed, use a jumper cable instead, and leave the K point of the board alone. The K point is an additional hole by the input capacitor.

Is this the mode I will be using to create a stereo amplifier with one board for each channel, or will it be the "two pieces mode"?.

The "two pieces mode" or parallel is described in the sheet as needing the R1 resistors on both boards, K point parallel connection, boards outputs terminals in parallel connection and only use one input from either board, at least, this is the way I interpret what is written on the sheet.

Please clarify these concepts for me...

The kit came with the terminal connections for each board, 6X 100uf 50V, 2X 22uf 50V, 2X LM3886TF, 2X 0.1 Ceramic resistors, 6X 22K and 4X 1K resistors and 2X 1uf Wima input caps.

I ordered 6X Nichicon KT 100uf 50V, 2X Nichicon Muse ES 22uf 50V (the ones that came with the kit look really cheap, low quality) and 2X Audiophiler MKP 4.7uf 400V capacitors to replace the ones that came with the kit.

Again, your help, comments and suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01012.JPG (947.4 KB, 1071 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01013.JPG (725.9 KB, 972 views)
Old 14th March 2012, 05:57 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguilabrava View Post
[FONT=Verdana]It says that when used individually, or "one piece mode" as it literally says on the sheet, the R1 resistor doesn't have to be installed, use a jumper cable instead, and leave the K point of the board alone. The K point is an additional hole by the input capacitor.

Is this the mode I will be using to create a stereo amplifier with one board for each channel, or will it be the "two pieces mode"?.
Yes.

Quote:
The "two pieces mode" or parallel is described in the sheet as needing the R1 resistors on both boards, K point parallel connection, boards outputs terminals in parallel connection and only use one input from either board, at least, this is the way I interpret what is written on the sheet.
That mode is used to create a mono amp that operates into a current-hungry load, e.g. a subwoofer with low impedance.
Old 15th March 2012, 05:35 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Thank you, Pacificblue.

Then, I need to solder all the parts into the boards with the exception of the ceramic resistor that goes in the R1 space, and instead I'll put a "jumper cable" there joining the two terminals together, correct?.

In the C5 input capacitor space there are 4 holes in the inside, 2 on the outside, one is the K point which I don't need to worry about, so there are 5 holes left, what holes do I use to solder the capacitor in?.

Thanks again...
Old 15th March 2012, 05:40 AM   #28
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Andrew:

I am posting 2 more pictures plus the diagram for this input board.

Here, the specifications as posted by the seller:

Audio input selector module board, with 12V DC voltage regulator.
This item has been assembled, and electrical test passed.

4 Dual channel input, 1 dual channel output.
Led indicator for each relay channel.
Power Supply: 11 to 22V AC.
or 15 to 32V DC.
Regulator output: 12V DC / 1 Amp.
High quantity terminal block, easy connection wire.
FR-4 Fiber glass PCB ( Double Layer ).
Japan TAKAMISAWA signal relays.

Rotary switch wire length 300 mm (11.8 inch).PCB thickness: 1.6mm (0.063 inch).
Size: 100mm(L) x 50mm(W) x 38mm(H),
(3.94 x 1.97 x 1.5 inch).
The relay board is missing a very important part, the freewheeling diode across the relay coils! A big mistake!
Old 15th March 2012, 10:40 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

I can clearly see 5 top side common ground connections for the pads on C1, C2, C3, Power terminal, speaker terminal.

I cannot see the bottom side clearly. There may be 3 common ground connections. Can you post a clear bottom side pic? Crop it tight before you compress it.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:44 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

C5 the input DC blocking capacitor has two groups of 3 pads. Check that each group are connected together. I think I can see a blue coated trace between each.

This allows you to fit many sizes of DC blocking cap, from 0.2" to 0.6" pin pitch. This suits MKT, MKC, MKS, MKP, FKS, electro etc. FKP may be too big to fit. FKP can go >1.1" pin pitch.

Hide this!Advertise here!