My_Ref Fremen Edition - Beta build/Fine tuning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my playground and i can''t imagine some unfinished cabinets here.

Attachments

• my toys.jpg
    my toys.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 246
Very Nice Setting. I was just being silly ;)

I've been down that road where the attempt to do a black piano finish cost more than the wood, drivers and crossovers. Great fun but hardly worth the time and dollars evolved.

Parts Express DIY Project

back to FEs.....

squalor, that's the one we were looking at some months ago. OOUCH!

Attachments

• Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Could you tell us more about your brothers system ? Especially, what speakers ?

CD Player Marantz CD-6002
Speakers Infinity Classia C-336
AV Amplifier Yamaha 667
MyRef FE power amp
Neotech UP-OCC Signal cables
Neotech UP-OCC power cables

Also, about trafos, this one seems to fit the need but is expensive ($260 usd for a pair including shipping) and probably not Shilcar.

That R-Core is chinese, it seems good quality but the 4 secondaries (2x24V + 2x12V) are not a good thing since the power will be splittet amoung them so on 24V secondaries you will not have 200VA, IMHO.

Last edited:
i see that the rcores i questioned about are in fact shilcar. in that case i already got my answer from you a while ago. ;)

my new questions are, does the smell dossapear in time, if so how long?
and would they make it with different material for eu directives when branding it as selectron, hopefully using non-smelly varnish? :D

5 partecipants so far received their boards and all extra boards have been shipped.

Please report when boards arrive (pictures are welcome too ;) )

do they heat up during normal operations? i wouldn't mind airing them out by a window if it can be evaporated without heat.

Just a bit.

I really don't know if airing them would do the trick but I guess it will help.

On the topic of component swapping I have lost track of how many places we have the option of experimenting with. I know I did not order enough sockets from mouser and I want to add them to my next order. How many is a good number, with a few left over for replacements?

I am getting anxious to get started even though I am behind on my preamp build:D

Let us suppose that I complete the FE RC build and they work fine. At that point, I'm playing around a bit and trying a cap here and a cap there. From your preference, which would be the better thread for reporting results?

I answer again since the previous was sent with my mobile so it was a bit too synthetic...

Everyone is free to use the new thread for anything that regards RC boards, like your example.

Simply in this initial phase I would like to keep the tutorial I'm doing coherent, after I finish it, post freely.

On the contrary reports that boards arrived belongs to this thread.

I hope it's more clear now... ;)

On the topic of component swapping I have lost track of how many places we have the option of experimenting with.

There are no limits... obviously TH positions are easier to experiment with. ;)

The best thing for all us is to compare new parts with BOM ones so to have a common base.

I know I did not order enough sockets from mouser and I want to add them to my next order. How many is a good number, with a few left over for replacements?

Not less than 20 if you want to experiment with a lot of positions.

I am getting anxious to get started even though I am behind on my preamp build:D

I can't wait too for builders comments... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.