Does this make sense?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently received my LM3875's, this is the schematic I compiled from some of the ones floating around. Will this work?

Attachments

• myigclayout.jpg
    myigclayout.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 338
Besides swapping inverting and noninverting inputs, and setting it up for large DC offset by not compensating for bias current, you've also got a situation where disconnecting the speaker could remove the input ground reference.

Bad circuit all around. Use the app notes as P-A suggests. Those National guys are pretty smart and actually know how to use their chip.

Oh my... inversed input is just a typo, thanks for pointing it out, I may have followed it during construction. With that reversed, do all the values look good? :scratch:

I have read the national sheet, it's not that boring ;) . I ask because I just want to make sure everything is ok, I'm very unsure of my "skill". Someone once told me there are no stupid questions, I hope he didn't say that to make me look stupid.

The reason I decided to compile a couple of suggestions before I start is because it seems that on every "look at my igc" thread the changes I included now, are suggestions.
I have been reading entry level elctronics text books and plan on taking some night classes as I become more and more interested. I am starting to understand schematics not just copy them. I still don't understand much but I do get excited when I look at a simple cuircuit and can follow it. It feels good knowing which component does what, I do have a problem with how much it does of what it's doing (values)....so bear with me guys one day I may even have some noteworthy input not just annoying questions.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Illusus said:
Oh my... inversed input is just a typo, thanks for pointing it out, I may have followed it during construction. With that reversed, do all the values look good? :scratch:

it will work if you correct the input error.

The chip is surprisingly fault-tolerant. I ran it with just two resistors and it worked flawlessly. I used much lower resistors (20k/1k combo) because that's what I had. No problem whatsoever. The key here is the ratio between the two, not their absolute value.

There is no reason that yours wouldn't.

Illusus...you are off to a start with a design and asked questions......dont feel bad about that as we all make mistakes in venturing into new things .....your other design criteria should be your input to this amplifier as you have used a low impedance so now you should look at what source will be providing the signal and whether it is suitable or else you will need to adjust the input impedance of your design

just food for thought....keep up the good work!!!

DIRT®

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.