TDA7294 + Power Transistors AMP (TDA7293 to come also) - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2013, 06:25 AM   #131
diyAudio Member

well thats good! and by the way did not mention that your pcb looks very good to me, just noticed about those missing,and ; what power supply are you using?
mine is what is inthe pics, 25-0-25 ac xfrmer, single diode bridge, and 4x 4700uF, plus
2x 220uF at the chip as recomended by Mr Daniel W.Any plans for a final single transistor pair mono pcb?
Old 21st June 2013, 06:29 AM   #132
diyAudio Member

oh! just went back and noticed your post says 40 0 40 DC supply.
sorry! thanks for sharing your quick PCB
Old 21st June 2013, 02:40 PM   #133
diyAudio Member

Hello Dr frost
greetings just want to ask you if TDA7293 or TDA7294 which is better for bridging 2 channel with 2 output pairs each channel
warm regards
andrew lebon
Old 21st June 2013, 09:58 PM   #134
diyAudio Member

EWorkshop1708:
Tweak away, if any improvements can be made that's good, i only got it working and spent 10 hours tweaking because im kind of a perfectionist, and would not post here if it did not work, lots of those designs out there, and this design (not mine by the way) i found some years ago, sounded awful and abandoned it, a year later i was looking again to build a new amp and decided to try this again to make a simple to build amp.
And yes no distortion no matter how much you mess up on the crossover components

martin martinez:
Looking good, my first look more messy, the "newer" compact design helped alot on the tidiness.

andrewlebon;
Nice PCB and very glad you like the amp.
Don't know about the bridging, never had time to experiment more, have just been using this AMP non stop for 5 years or so.

------

Im sorry for the VERY late response but have been absolutely swamped in projects etc, my primary concern right now is to complete my Electro DM50, since the motor in the Electro CIAO is on it's last legs and don't want to use any time on it since it has served it's purpose as R&D for 3+ years to transfer to the new bike
Old 22nd June 2013, 04:50 PM   #135
diyAudio Member

Hello Dr frost
greetings just made and tested 2 pair version can i bridge both channels
for 2 ohms load i would like to try the TDA7293 VERSION if its possible can you share schematic i have made d class h class AB class amps but i am in love with your splendid
amplifier many mant THANKS for sharing it
warm regards
andrew lebon
Old 22nd June 2013, 09:52 PM   #136
diyAudio Member

someone posted the bridge via feedback between to TDA's, i have only tested Bridge (along time ago) with the tried and tested method of inverted amplifier, like LEFT is LEFT and RIGHT is INVERTED RIGHT, i did this using cool-edit audio editor, loading a song and inverting RIGHT channel, putting subwoofer (1400W RMS capable) terminals "+"/"-" onto LEFT "+" and RIGHT "+", Both "-" are as you can see in the schematic GND, this is the same method that is used in almost all CAR-AMP's, they all have RIGHT channel inverted and "+"/"-" (output) switched around.

Here is the TDA7293 (i do believe i posted this before but this thread is becoming pretty long)
Click the image to open in full size.
Very subtle difference from TDA7294 is PINS 12 & 14
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:28 AM   #137
diyAudio Member

Default amplifier tested

Quick PCB for testing 2 pair amp pcb to be designed with 2 ch and dc protector
warm regards
andrew lebon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4850 [800x600].JPG (110.9 KB, 570 views)
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:44 AM   #138
diyAudio Member

Hello Dr frost
greetings thanks for TDA7293 SCHEMATIC i have finished TDA7293 PCB will test it today
warm regards
andrew lebon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4847 [800x600].JPG (94.8 KB, 547 views)
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:05 AM   #139
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

Andrew,

You should consider using at least a two-sided board, with one side for ground plane.

Regards,

Tom
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:11 AM   #140
diyAudio Member

andrewlebon now that really looks good , and can see your are opting for even more power using 2x Pairs, your amp should be stable in 2 OHM in bridge giving you one hell of alot of power

Hide this!Advertise here!