Would I know if my caps are not connected?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My second GC is running well and sounding better BUT I just checked the Nippon Chem-con pinout for 3 pin electrolytics even though I checked the caps with a meter, their pinout says I mounted the blank pin!! Would the GC sound as good as it does with the main caps disconnected and how can I test!

Not a big deal if it is so, I'd have to buy more but I was touting the improved sound with these caps

:scratch: :bigeyes:

JOE DIRT® said:
mounted to what>???....the Board??...or do you mean you connected the N/C pin??? in the circuit

Yes, connected the N/C pin odf the cap into the circuit although, I just checked continuity w/ the power supply disconnected (open circuit I believe), the caps has continuity in one direction and sound is awesome so I do believe they're connected.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I have built a minimalist lm3875 with just two resistors (my PS does have 3300uf filter caps on each rail). It worked well and adding additional filtering cap on the chip doesn't produce audible improvement. the chip has pretty good PSRR, I guess.

For stability reasons, I do use two by-passing caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.