Advice on intergrated...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I just bought a Peter Daniel LM3875 Classic kit, and a SKA-Volumebuffer, I want to build an intergrated amp with DAC and RIAA, and need some advice on how to do this. I am thinking a USB powered DAC of sorts (open for suggestions), like perhaps a small and simple Bantam or the likes. and a SKA-RIAA, mostly because this is a very affordable solution, and looks doable for someone with my limited experience. Can I power both the RIAA and amp with the same toroid, or do I need two? Suggestions for a not too expensive selector switch?

Could the LM3875 chips be mounted on the sidepanels og the GX383 chassis?

Hi Andrew,

When I bought that unit I was looking for a simple way to get audio files into an LDR/MyRef combination. As I prefer uncompressed (Flac and Apple Lossless) sources and this piece doesn't yet have the ability to do that type of decoding, I did not go much further in considering it as an optimum match for the MyRef.

If one wanted to build a good quality mini or computer driven integrated system. this unit combines multiple input types, a very listenable DAC, a pre, an output amp and a FM tuner on a super small footprint (5 cm sq).

I tried both types of outputs, fed MP3 files from USB stick (with operable function buttons from 12 ft away) and used line in from a Sony Walkman. I did not try to feed it with a USB stream from a computer. I was able to receive a couple local FM stations without an antenna. The power amp drove two DIY speakers (W=3", TW=3/4", .5 CuFt ported) to a decent and usable SPL.

Mini1.jpg

Mini2.jpg

This could be a very good core for a fun and respectable sounding integrated. I would be happy to start a new thread if there is enough interest.

P.S. At least two suppliers have said they are working on adding the uncompressed file decoding.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.