Active Crossover - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2003, 02:22 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Active Crossover

I need a low pass active X-over that crosses over @ about 150hz. I would like to use the LM324, because I have many of them, plus I don't need to worry about split supplies. What resistor and cap values would I need, and how would I assemble it? This is for the other project I posted, the stereo system for the sub output plug. Thanks for the help.

-Mike
Old 21st September 2003, 10:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you go to Linear Team's WinISD webpage and download the ISD program it has a active crossover tool in it. When it says which cap to use (says start will like 0.01uf or something), just enter a capacitor value and enter the crossover frequency and it will tell you which resistor values to use and it shows the schematic in a simplified manner. Its dirty, quick and cheap!

The capacitor part confused me for a while, cause I didn't knwo you had to enter that, and I didn't know that the capacitor could be constant.
Old 21st September 2003, 05:33 PM   #3
zobsky is offline zobsky  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid fourdoor
If you go to Linear Team's WinISD webpage and download the ISD program it has a active crossover tool in it. When it says which cap to use (says start will like 0.01uf or something), just enter a capacitor value and enter the crossover frequency and it will tell you which resistor values to use and it shows the schematic in a simplified manner. Its dirty, quick and cheap!

The capacitor part confused me for a while, cause I didn't knwo you had to enter that, and I didn't know that the capacitor could be constant.

ignorant question , ...but do you need a power supply for the WinISD active crossovers, ...didn't seem like it from using the software???
Old 21st September 2003, 06:05 PM   #4
JoeBob is offline JoeBob  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yup, the opamps need to be powered, usually from +/- 15V or +/- 12V. In chematics the power suply pin sonnections are often omitted because it is just a given that they must be powered.

Hope that helps.
Old 23rd September 2003, 01:55 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I would like to use the LM325. Will that work? Also, it is connecting between the selector switch logic and the 3886 amps on the amp I am using in the amplifier I am building. It connects to the subwoofer out plug. I need to combine the left and right inputs also. How would I do it?

Thanks, Mike
Old 24th September 2003, 01:39 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Sorry, I meant LM324, not 325.

Hide this!Advertise here!