MyRef Integrated Solutions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also remember Uriah suggesting to you to add caps at the input to keep the LDR powered while the amp turns off. I don't remember the value.
As high as you could :) I took a pair of big caps from an old PSU. Be aware that they may only be rated at 5v, so they keep a good ratio of size/capacitance. So, I used something like 2x 12.000uF in parallel, and each one was the size of half a cigarrette. Just a thumb rule, take any "big" cap from an old psu/computer/electronics and you're done. Switching PSUs use to have tons of them inside.

squalor;2981442 This is the first time I built without a printed circuit. I hoped someone could comment on the pic of my solder joints but realize now the pic is too grainy. I will remove 499R and try to post a clearer pic.[/QUOTE said:
It may look good, but as you said, picture isn't clear enought to make an opinion.

Best regards,
Regi

The idea here was to take Buzz's question about mounting the FE parallel to a heat sink. I thought a single HS on the back of a chassis a good and economical possibility with one bend for the floor and front, and a double bend for a sides and top cover. All of these ideas are based on the widest offering from Heatsink USA.

Unfortunately. this would require removing several HS fins to accommodate mounting RCA, speaker posts and AC socket.

Problem is:without a lot of pin bending a transfer block or "L" has to be used. That needs to be placed at the same location as the removed fins :cuss:

It would be possible to add a rear plate wide enough to allow inputs on either/both sides of the HS, but that would kill the concept of simplicity.

Rotating the transfer block or using the "L" would work, but only if side mounted on the chassis.

A double standard FE mounting with boards touching is 0.2" wider than this HS :headbash:

So its back to a more traditional idea. This one is similar to the FE monoblocks I built.
The two HS pieces could be surface mounted or back could have cut out for direct mounting of the LM3886.

.....as done with the MBs.

This is the design I might try... as it retains the simplicity of only two bends on two pieces of stock aluminum.

Here is the two unit concept mentioned earlier.

Might as well use a standard stock case and perpendicular mounting like Dario and others have.

So, this was an enjoyable experiment - but no Gold Medal :Olympic: ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.