Zobel Network in bridge clone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
zobel

>im afraid to try since the amp is working wonderfully.didnt know whether zobel can be use or not.
>this is my second gainclone..first is parallel clone...with zobel..
>btw: is power on "thump" normal? ..i didnt have this on my parallel clone...any cure?

thank..analog & per!

tone.

jrdg

look at the binding postsand you will see , small pcb with a r and c, looks like a zobel to me.

Attachments

• rowland.jpg
    rowland.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 433
Please can you tell me, because I am getting confused : on a bridge-clone, does the zobel go from one of the speaker terminal posts to earth? or two from each speaker terminal down to earth? or across the terminal posts in parallel with the speaker? or what?

:confused:

apply zobel to bridged amplifier

PhilW have a wery good question.

How do one apply a Zobel network to a bridged amplifier ??

There are two ways to go:

A. A zobel-network to ground for each of the "amplifier-arm" in the bridged amplifier. This makes sense and will for sure work.

B. Just applie the zobel-network between the two "HOT" amplifiers that makes up the bridged amplifier. This zobel-network will have no reference to ground.
This saves you one "zobel-network" and should in teori work just as well. Many class-D amps and other amplifier topologies that are "born" with bridged ouput seems to take this road.

However, I have never seen any explanation or test of solution A compared to solution B.
I have used B witch seems to work fine.
If someone have expirence or pros and cons of one compared to the other, please let us know.

Thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.