Gain/phase relationship of amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Just piecing together a few inverted LM1875 based tweeter amps for my newly built time aligned speakers, and then I had an annoying thought/questions, well 2 acutally

1) Because my tweeter and mid amps (both LM1875 based) have slightly differenet gains (22.2 dB mid, and 20.8dB tweeter) is there a phase difference between the 2 amps?

2) Is the phase shift caused by the input cap and resistor going to be significantly different, given that the tweeter amp has 4.7uf and 25.5K and the midrange has 10uf and 30K.

I think I can work out question 2 with enough time, provided my assumption that the input to an inverting amp is a virtual earth? (I left my electronics textbook at home, doh?) Although i have forgotten/dont know any formulae for calculating the phase response of a simple resistive-capactive network, so actually i probably cant :S

Here's a pic of the amp schematics...

Thanks for any help!

Nik.

Attachments

• amps.gif
    amps.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 180
If I understand the context of your question, it's really, "Are these both minimum-phase devices?" And the answer is yes, they are. You don't need to take the amps into account for purposes of aligning driver acoustic centers- the phase shifts from the HP rolloff are negligible in the region of interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.