6 Channel Home-theatre chip amp 6*50Watt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not fond of chip amps, but in this situation they are the best solution. I want to built a six channel home theatre amplifier. The volume control is on the pre-amp.

I want to use the TDA7293 or the TDA7294V, I don't know wich of the two to use. They have both mute/stand-by.

I am gonna use the mute/ stand-by function for switch-on delay as specified in the datasheet.

I think that I put 2 toroids in the amp of each 500 or 800VA. Then I have 1000 or 1600VA available. Should 1000VA on two toroids be enough for six channels? Or should I take more toroids? I want to use the TDA729X at 26V. I take a 2*18V toroid. Would I get 26V after rectifiing?

I put every TDA729X on a small PCB. And put 3 against every side. The toroids will come in the center. I shall shield the toroids with thin plates.

I still don't know how to do the power supply. Should I just build 2 PCB's? With one bridge rectifier on each PCB? And then connect 3 amps to one supply? The amps will give 50Watt RMS Max each.

How many uF is needed in this situation? Where should I place the caps?

Has anybody tips for a pre-amp?

Douchekop said:

I think that I put 2 toroids in the amp of each 500 or 800VA. Then I have 1000 or 1600VA available. Should 1000VA on two toroids be enough for six channels? Or should I take more toroids? I want to use the TDA729X at 26V. I take a 2*18V toroid. Would I get 26V after rectifiing?

I still don't know how to do the power supply. Should I just build 2 PCB's? With one bridge rectifier on each PCB? And then connect 3 amps to one supply? The amps will give 50Watt RMS Max each.

How many uF is needed in this situation? Where should I place the caps?

Has anybody tips for a pre-amp?

18 * 1.414 = 25.452

You need the specs for how much current these chips will sink at the rated voltage, or the total watts dissipated (audio and heat).

The caps should be as close to the chips as practical, or close to the supply with additional smaller caps at the chips.

I don't know any exact formulas (there are some), but within reason I think it is a matter of preference (whatever sounds best). As Peter Daniel says, build it and see; rule-of-thumbs don't apply here.

Good Luck, sounds interesting

Hi,

Im working also with that kind of project in my school. I will use preamp + poweramp in my Dolby Digital 5.1 system (on my DVD player is analog 5.1 output). But preamplifier is 6-ch and poweramplifier 5-ch, because i have active subwoofer (Also DIY, of course :)).
Im now working with preamplifier, it uses 3xPGA2310 as potentiometers, PIC16F877 is controlling everything and Hitachi LCD to show information. I just started project, so it will take long time before system is ready.

Now im working with software (its working somehow): Software adjust volume (+ mute) and there is also a menu, where user can adjust levels in all channels (every channel has +/-8dB level adjustment). Next thing to do is wire everything in preamplifier together and make some tests.

In poweramp im planning to use 5xLM3875.

Sry about my bad english :cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.