LME49830 like driver chip for Quasi-Complimentary?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I want to experiment with silicon carbide static induction transistors (SiliconSouth SJEP120R063A), but they're only available in the N-channel sex. Use of a transformer is out cause I'm targeting 110V rails and want direct coupled.

Could a build-out circuit on the LME49830 be made on the Pout pin for swapping polarity to make it work?

Topology-wise it can't this simple as adding Q4, is it? MOSFETs being used in place of a pair of SiTs

Attachments

• Screenshot-12.png
    Screenshot-12.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 399
/curses customized Google searches

I was able to find plenty of references to the Shaw and Baxandall articles, but that's it.

Anyway, I've had some fun simulating a quasicomp stage (BC637/638, 4x BD137F, 2x 20V), and it's been an interesting experience so far. Looks like a negative DC offset increases CFP output quiescent current, and if that makes your amplifier unstable into critical capacitive loads, you're in trouble. Yet, with a sine signal crossing the same regions, the simulated circuit never breaks into oscillation. Huh?

I'm worried about the same stuff. below +/-50V it seems stable. Above 50V, not so much. At least that's what the sims say. I'll probably have to run the gate resistor to a more negative rail to make sure it can turn off.

I might just do the smart thing and forget class-a/b chip amp and just go discrete with a circuit intended for quasi.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.