gainclone problems (dc offset, no sound)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

are there common causes of dc offset?

my gainclone was working fine this morning, <10mV dc offset on both channels (with a 10ohm resistor across the terminals)

been playing with it, added a led from the power of one channel and paralleled a 100nF capacitor with the resistor from star ground to case.

now that channel has no sound, and 198mV dc offset. taken the led of and checked connections but still the same.

Cant seem to find anything. it seems exactly same as the working channel.

so i was wondering do u guys know any common causes of dc offset like that?

thanks
Amit

I wouldn't worry too much about making mistakes. Mistakes are what have created some of the best things in life. Plus it takes a person of strong character to admit making a mistake. I find that if I get discouraged when trying to troubleshoot some of my handywork, I just take a break from doing what I was doing.
It amazes me at some of the dumb things that I have done and how I could have overlooked the simplest things. But I feel that mistakes are what make us better at whatever we may chose to do in life. Keep your head up and keep gainclonin' man.:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.