Spice Model TDA2040 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2011, 03:07 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Spice Model TDA2040

Hi

I am about to build some test equipment and was considering using a TDA2040 in the output. My concern was the stability at unity gain. Has anybody a spice model for a TDA2040 or TDA2030? Has anyone tried running these at unity gain?

The idea is to generate a spit supply from a 24 volt plug pack (wall wart to some) so the supply will be +/- 12 volts.

The 12 bit DAC output from a Xmega micro will supply the signal. DC to audio frequencies only. Voltage out +/- 8 maximum. Good output control at mV required so I may have digital gain control (relay Hi Lo).

Regards Ken
Old 30th September 2011, 03:20 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
I created an LTSpice model of LM1876 which is quite similar. Have run TDA2030 at 6dB gain, not totally convinced about the stability yet though - you need to fit a series RC to 'bleed off' some of the excess loop gain.
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:54 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

HI abraxalito

Thank you for your reply, it is good to know you have ran one at 6dB of gain. I shall draw up and rout a circuit board making provision for feedback gain adjustment and also a voltage divider on the input. If you are interested I shall report back.

regards
Ken

BTW it has taken me this long to sort out the xmega code as I'm new to the beast.

Hide this!Advertise here!