LM3875 instead of LM3886?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!

I have received my LM3886 Mono order from Brian today! However, I received a LM3875 IC instead. I understand that the main difference is 5 vs 8 pin with mute as option. I take it this will not work?

I have sent a message to Brian at chipamp.com but have not received a reply

Thanks!

The LM3875 is not a direct plug-in for a LM3886. All the pins are different. Please see pins assignment below.

Attachments

• LM3875.gif
    LM3875.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 459
  • LM3886.gif
    LM3886.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 447
It's not too bad. Use a solder pump first to get most of the solder out. Follow that with solder wick. If it's done right, all the solder will be removed and you can simply lift the LM3875.

If you don't have these tools, cut the legs off. Apply your iron and the remaining leg will drop out. In fact, if you have no use for the LM3875, this is a better method. Easier, faster and lesser chance of damage to your pcb.

OK, so I called chipamp.com and their "Warehouse Manager" provided the most awesome customer service ever! He told me to keep the 3875 and shipped me a 3886 no questions asked. I received that today (Monday). I made the call Friday at 8 PM. Atlanta to Kansas City. WOW. However, as even more of a "Wow Factor", I looked in the package and he had ALSO shipped me (free of charge) an LM3875 Rev3 PCB to use for the chip I kept. However, I do not have any info on the board requirements for resistors and caps. Anyone have paperwork available for this? I'm assuming it's not the same as what the datasheet calls for...and the website does not even list a 3875 kit as an option lol.

Thanks
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.