Ultra Portable Bluetooth Boombox Project - need some help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I started this project a few days ago.
My old Panasonic boombox had seen better days to i striped out the old amp, cassette player and power supply. Then dremeled out the excess plastic and filled in all the holes and rear vents with bondo and painted.

I plan on replacing the speakers with some new full-range 4" car speakers powered by a Amp-6 Basic (41Hz.com). I want to integrate a Bluetooth receiver so I can stream music from my Android phone. I plan to power everything with a 12V sealed lead acid (probably in the 7-12 Ah range)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

old speakers, might re-paint

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is my question, I want to add a volume control between the Bluetooth output and the amp input. I salvaged a volume pot that is labeled "M 50KohmA 732M MAL". It has 6 pins for stereo and i connected up the left input, left output, ground, ground, right output, right input in that order. I soldered the grounds together and to the ground leads.

When everything is powered up, the volume pot causes a huge drop in audio volume and when I adjust the pot, I can hear no effect.

I have looked through the forum for how to correctly wire a volume pot, however I am almost electronically illiterate. Could someone give me a plane English explanation of what I need to do to make it work?

I will continue to upload pictures of my progress, thanks for looking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.