QED P300 Project thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my QED P300 Project thread, why a QED P300 amp? Because it was sat in the loft doing nothing and I remember thinking this sounds really good. We have had it in the family since (I think) 1989 not sure because there was swapping of record players and speakers so it may have been later.
I do remember trying it out several years ago and finding it made the TDL RTL2’s of mine buzz constantly, it’s been left alone since in a box.
Anyway as it a British Amplifier and it’s a quite rare and I wanted something to get my DIY Audio skills kick started I decided it was a worthwhile project. I’ve fully documented and photographed all the parts and layout. My next step will be to find out where to purchase better / higher quality parts, recommended improvements I can make to it via the community and then start to systematically strip and replace the parts. It may be that I need help identifying some parts.
Hopefully I will update the thread as it progresses.

I do remember trying it out several years ago and finding it made the TDL RTL2’s of mine buzz constantly, it’s been left alone since in a box.

Full View

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

QED P300 Board Close ups

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.