Mono amp for center

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, i just want som help deciding, my first build will be for my center speaker in my HT, it is a Kef IQ60c
Crossover Frequencies 280Hz, 2.8kHz Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 90dB Maximum Output 111dB Input Impedance 8 Ohms Amplifier Requirements 15-150W Magnetic Shielding Yes Frequency Range 65Hz - 40KHz
can someone please tell me where i can find a good kit for this speaker or where i can look, how meny W shold the amp have?

Thanks for all the help you are all awsome

Could "Amplifier Requirements" be the answer to your question?

If not, it depends on you, how many W the amplifier needs, because you decide how loud you want the loudspeaker to become. You need 125 W to achieve the maximum output, because 111 dB - 90 dB = 21 dB and 21 dB more means 125 times more power.
But you may not want to achieve that sound pressure level, because you have neighbors or because you never listen that loudly or for whatever other reason. You may even become happy with less than 15 W. You will just have to try.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.