My GC ala Shigaraki....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have finally gotten it right. No Hum. No Radio stations playing through... It is an IGC via Loesch. I placed the heatsink in chassis like shigaraki 4717 and have it upright also. This is too cool! I'll post pictures as soon as I get my digital camera back from mom. I do have some questions though.

1) Some people use toggle mute switches . I do as I find the speakers pop after powerdown. Do people who don't use mute leave their system on 24 7?

2) Can I safely leave power on to the GC all the time? I did not implement power switch. I do have fuses but do not know if they would be considered protective against anything but catostrophic shorts or failure.

3) Does anybody know what real or "thought to be" electrical or mechanical differences between shigaraki and Gaincard? I've read the Sakura site info.

These clones are amazing for what they do. And boy do they do it.

Yours,
Stefan

Switched On

Hi,

Deffinatley not.:bawling:
A cap last around lets say 5000hrs before it starts to wear out, so i guess you wouldn't want to be replacing them after a few weeks :bawling:
As a qualified electrician and speaking from experiance i would be tempetd to fit a switch. Its there to protect you aswell as the equipment:)
Sorry to sound abrubt, i dont mean to be, always think safe.

Glad to hear it's not picking up spurious radio frequencies:)

1) Pop noises on power-off worry you? A switch at the output would worry me much more. Mine's been doing 24/7 for months: the Black gates don't like the off switch.
2)most power switches screw up the sound. In fact all i've tried. Fuses are even worse. Very few people are seriously interested in absolute sound quality though.

I think the 5000 hours rated before failure is
at 85 degree C or so depending on manufacture and
spec. At normal room temp, a cap will last much
longer than that. Although to decrease fire hazard, I rarely leave any appliances
plugged in and turned on all the time, except
for things such as clock radio.

Usually, I leave my GC and DAC on (except when I leave my home for a few days). They both use very little power in rest. My GC has one switch, and two primary fuses (one per channel).
I think that it's safe to leave your gear on as long as you have primary fuses and a decent isolation of the wires/soldered connections.

I would not advise to use secondary fuses, as it could destroy your speakers!

Fedde

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.