sick amp please help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone,
i have built ("from kits") a pair of maplin 50 watt mono blocks with uprated power supplies,(individual to each channel,) and a pre amp, they are rather goood, these are kit amps and i merely followed the instructions but when it comes to troubleshooting i'm a bit lost. could anyone give any help on the indie repair, there is no point buying anything else as i'm sure it must be a simple repair, anyway thanks in advance for any help you can give,,

I have just bought a couple of Maplins 50 watt amps off ebay one working and one with some transistors missing.
The working one was oscillating a bit so I add 150pf to the VAS and it works great now.
I first built one of these in around 1980 for a disco but it wasnt really loud enough so I bought one of Maplins 225WRMS amplifiers and that was very loud.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.