Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2011, 12:26 AM   #1
mikje is offline mikje  United States
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

Default AudioSector or 41Hz?

I'm looking to build another amp, but I'm not sure which way to go. I like the idea of a kit; thus AudioSector or 41Hz. I'm looking to keep the cost of the amp and PS under $100. I might add the Velleman K8084 preamp/volume control. I have a variety of speakers I might run with it, so speaker options are pretty wide open. I listen to jazz, Dire Straits, easy listening, country, blues, etc., etc. Not much metal, hip hop, or rap.

Any input on what makes one different from the other sonically? Any other kits that are worth looking into? I've built a Velleman kit and an AudoSector kit. I'm pretty good with a soldering iron and can make my way through a schematic pretty well. I have a basic understanding of how components work and what they do.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, suggestions, or advice.

Mike
Old 10th July 2011, 10:07 PM   #2
hurtz is offline hurtz  Germany
diyAudio Member

If you can wait, you could check the results of "the yet tiniest single-sided LM3886" thread which are about to arrive sometime next week. If you can't do PCB's yourself or want to buy a kit. This can be arranged. For the pricing it should be below 100$ for stereo.

cheers!

P.s.
Maybe not in the chipamp section, but the Symasym is also a great amp and is very easy to build.

Hide this!Advertise here!