Whole House Audio system using LM3886s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently designed a Whole-House Audio system with 8 zones, input selection and a preamp per zone. It uses an STM32F Arm Cortex M3 processor and was a winner in the ST Microsystems Design Challenge.

Now on to the multi-channel amplifier section, based on an LM3886 based 4 channel amplifier module. The amps are working well, next is to package it in an enclosure. Here are 12 amplifier channels, built with ExpressPCB Mini Boards.
IMG_3906sm.JPG

Here is the overall project including a video of the preamp section.
Dave's Multi Zone Stereo / STM32 Design Challenge page

Enjoy,
Dave Erickson

Radio silence ended. Sorry...

Hi.

I'm pretty new to this group and was hoping for an email or two to remind me to get back. Finally the group got frustrated with my lack of response and I got an email. Sorry, my bad, too busy.

The schematics, source code, block diagrams, BOMs, etc. for the preamp sections are all on the design contest site. It's two links away, so I guess not so obvious.
STM32 Design Challenge

The schematic for the more recent power amp board is on my web page.

This project has been just my own effort at this point. If you are further interested check out the design files. I can provide the PC layouts for the boards. The PC boards are from ExpressPCB and easy to obtain in small quantities.

My own history is an old analog guy who has been building my own audio gear since I couldn't afford to buy good stuff after college in the '70s, lots of amps, preamps and speakers. I dabble in microprocessors but am no ethernet / networking expert and would love it if someone would help with an ethernet and web interface for this project. Maybe DIY audio isn't the best place to look for STM32/ network expertise, but can't hurt to ask.

The design is open source and will continue to be, but someday I may offer parts, bare boards, stuffed boards etc. for sale. Haven't decided yet. For now this is pure DIY. If it gets too commercial, I'll move the discussion to the appropriate places. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.