help with sure 4*100 for car use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, im lookin for a few answers that i cant seem to find with google, and this forum seems to be the most knowledgeable with chip amps in general.
(in no specific order)

signal input voltage

i will be using a PE hi to low adapter for the input signal from my oem headunit in my 2007 vw gti, now will that be over the .8v max that the owners manual says? the oem unit puts out about 15w per channel.
also i was going to set it up with quick disconnects, so that i could remove it and use it on occasion around the house/garage. when i remove it though i wanted to be able to use my mixer as the source though, and that has higher voltage outputs...would a pot work? if so how would i tap into the input on this board??

power wire into small connector

the power connector on the board will be too small for my 8ga power wire i plan to use. should i just get a dist block and run a few smaller wires from it??

i know i wont be getting the full 100w per channel, but its still better than my oem now. and i like the diy aspect of it(although the board is preassembled)plus for $44 i couldnt pass it up.

lastly any mods that would suit a car install??
i have some scrap lexan i will probably make an enclosure out of. i wanted to add a fan just incase, but not sure how to wire it up??

thanks for any info/tips/or anything else.

You are running a 24-30v amp at 12v, so cross your fingers that you can even get 10 watts a channel out of it (its rated at 50watt 10% diss at 28v 8ohm).

For power i would do the distribution block, so long run of 8 gauge and then 16 gauge to the unit.

You should be fine with the high to low adapter. The 15 watt limit is for the morons that max the volume on their head unit.

A pot will work ok from your eq and long as you dong max it out. Just put in inbetween your eq and amp, and as close to the amp as possible. Id go with a 10k-25k pot.

cool, thank you for your help.
btw, it will have a 4 ohm load on all 4 channels, and from what i read it should be getting 13.3v to 16v while the engine is running.
now that i think of it, i could test that to know for sure.
either way, im sure it will be better than my oem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.