Gain Clown from juke box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picture of Juke Box amp modules. There is a 60 watt and 120 watt amp on each card. The power supply rectifier,filter caps, and by pass caps are there. One needs to add a AC source, a signal, and take the output to the speaker.
Its the same circuit as what is available from different board makers that are making the parts available now. Note the large heat sink. Pretty neat way to do it on the cheap.

Attachments

• Gain clown amp.jpg
    Gain clown amp.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 201
It looks like that may be a 60W into 8ohm channel and a PA100 style 120W into 4ohm combined on one PCB. Direct active connection to the speakers could give a very high sound level if the speaker drivers are chosen appropriately.
The two boards would support an active two way stereo system all running off a single dual secondary transformer.

The 60watt portion ran a crossover and internal speakers for one channel. The 120 watt portion on the same card is rated to handle (4) pairs of speakers per the Rock-ola service manual. Gain is about 30db per amplifier. They also feature a mute circuit on board. So each board supplied the needs of a channel of internal plus a channel of external speakers. Mearly add a power supply. Signal via a preamp and let it drive those speakers.

Ok,

You are looking for PN 58440-A This is the amplifier card.

You will find them in The Sybersonic, ADV. Sybersonic, Digitrac, and Hide Away

Sybersonic -Legend 7000, Rocket III, and Nostalgic Series with "Red Electronics" Models 7000,7000-1, 7500. CD-4, CD-6, CD-8

ADV. Sybersonic - Legend 700B, Intrigue, Rocket III, Comet and Nostalgic Series with "orange electronics"

Digitrack- Fireball,Rock,Lyric Model A,B,C,C1

Hide away- 8050

This is the same amplifier as what you can buy from Chip Amps and other places with the exception that it is more refined having the mute circuit. Hooked up to good speakers it sounds no different than my chip amp that I made.

Quote:
Which model uses this amp? I have a CD8C, and a Rhapdody 160.

My Juke box is a CD-8B with "orange electronics and it has the 58440-A amplifier module/board.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.