Help needed for battery power suply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need help for my new amp. It is a TDA8920 CLASS D Audio Power Amplifier AMP Kit 100W X2 se pic.

Im most confused about the powersuply as im using 12v batterys to power it and I don't really know how to connect the power to the amp.... It says ac2x20v(se attachment).... How do i connect it when im using 12 v batterys????
sorry for being a newb:scratch:

Attachments

• DSC005741.jpg
    DSC005741.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 105
  • 4b5719ce2ac93.JPG
    4b5719ce2ac93.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 105
This amplifier was intended to use AC.

It should be possible to use DC, and even connect it to the AC inlet, but it would be better to have a view of the schematic before giving advice. If you have one, post a scan or picture of it.

It will not achieve the full output with 2 * 12V.

w

I dont have any schematics, so just some help would be great :)

I herd that i could make circuite with two batteries like the photo below.

I tryed it but it did not work.... The only sound was some low konstant clicking.

i dont think i need the full power for my project.

Connect your batteries at the electrolytic capacitors. In the bottom-side pic, neg-pos-neg-pos from left to right. I see in the TDA8920 datasheet "Operating voltage from ±12.5 to ±30 V" so I wouldn't expect a lot of portability without a frequent battery charge.

Ok to get it straight:

i can just mount the two batteries directly on the soldering on the backside of the capacitators: one battery neg-pos and the other neg-pos one on etch capacitator?

Should i then unmount the bridge rectifier? or should i leave it.

bu the way thanks for the help, i really need it:)

Ok to get it straight:

i can just mount the two batteries directly on the soldering on the backside of the capacitators: one battery neg-pos and the other neg-pos one on each capacitor?

Should i then unmount the bridge rectifier? or should i leave it.

bu the way thanks for the help, i really need it:)

Hi,

What you state is essentially correct. You can leave the bridge in place.
Going directly to the caps avoids the ~ 1.5V drop added by the bridge.
Even so, given spec is +/- 12.5V it might not work, but it likely will.

rgds, sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.