5.1 CHANNEL AMP WITH 2xLM1876,1xLM4782 is it possible ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Diy's

this is my first diy

I wanna build 5.1 channel with 2xLM1876 for "rear" and "front" channels.
And 1xLM4782 is a 3 channel amp, 2 channels bridged for "Sub woofer" and 1 channel for "center".

Is it possible ...?

if it is possible then plz any one advice abt circuit diagram and power supply

can i use this circuit diagram

LM1876 is a 2xLM1875
can i use the attached circuit diagram for my project.. ?

i get the circuit diagram from elliott sound products

and split power supply too

Attachments

• lm1875.gif
    lm1875.gif
    4 KB · Views: 449
  • lm1875 power supply.gif
    lm1875 power supply.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 437
By the time you add the costs of enclosures, heatsinks and transformers and PSU caps, you are probably way over the cost of a budget AV receiver, offering things like remote control and all kinds of bells and whistles.

If cost is no objection, you can certainly do this, but start with the costs of the items mentioned, building up the PCB's is cheap in comparison.

Toxicaudio: You cannot use Rod Elliots LM1875 circuit for wiring LM1876. The pinouts are different.
Your project is not impossible, but will need a lot of work and preparation as "digit" pointed out in his post.
I have been working on a project to build a 5.1 amp using 6 LM3886 and I have redesigned it multiple times over the last 4 years. It is still not ready. :)
Best of Luck on your project.

Toxicaudio: You cannot use Rod Elliots LM1875 circuit for wiring LM1876. The pinouts are different.
Your project is not impossible, but will need a lot of work and preparation as "digit" pointed out in his post.
I have been working on a project to build a 5.1 amp using 6 LM3886 and I have redesigned it multiple times over the last 4 years. It is still not ready. :)
Best of Luck on your project.

Last 4 years Ohh that's great u r really great
I appreciate ur patience

Yes u r right pinnouts are different

i get circuit from national semi conductors

Now the problem is chip availability

i am livin in small town near vijayawda, andhrapradesh (INDIA)

where can i get them ???

any price details ?? (LM1875, LM1876, LM3886) to order them

searched on local shops they even don't know those are audio amps

please advice ..................:)

hey, u can just go for 5 Nos LM1875 for all speakers and a LM3886 / TDA 7294 for subwoofer...
a lot of LM1875 circuits layouts are available on net, so u won't have much problem making it.. LM1875 costs 45-50 Rs per chip, TDA 7294 is for 90-120 Rs.. and LM3886 is around 150-220 Rs.. so go ahead make yourself and have fun...

if you can spare a 1000 Rs, i'll suggest to order 7 samples for LM3886 from Naitonal semiconductor directly and make a 5.1 setup from this... use 2 lm3886 for the subwoofer and 1 each for 5 channels. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.