Superbly-built LM3886 on EBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Title of the item includes the text "diyaudio" - the unit itself seems to be very meticulously designed and professionally built; a superb visual treat. Here's the EBay listing:

LM3886 HIFI Audio Power Amplifier Digital AMP DIYAUDIO | eBay

It's probably not a MyRef, though it does seem to have an opamp driving the LM3886s and an additional opamp as the input buffer.

Has anybody bought one, and what does the schematic look like?

Those are the same extrusions as in the cases I bought.
Different holes in the front and back panels and no ventilation in the base nor cover.

I hope that the transformer is 20+20Vac or less, else I foresee the chassis and it's contents getting very hot on 4+4ohms in summer.

Looks neat and tidy.

Any idea what the two To220 are for?

I'm I getting it wrong or did they realy leave the case without earth connection (3rd AC input pin unused). Somehow I had the impression that if this is done, a whole lot of other safety features become mandatory (non conductive enclosure etc - resulting in something like a laptop PSU).
If it arrives by post (having traveled from the other side of the world by various means of transportation) I would first poke the "ON" button with a wooden stick, just in case some wires have come loose and are making contact to the enclosure. Also the plastic coated LM3886 version might have been safer in this kind of configuration. :rolleyes:

Those are the same extrusions as in the cases I bought.
Different holes in the front and back panels and no ventilation in the base nor cover.

I hope that the transformer is 20+20Vac or less, else I foresee the chassis and it's contents getting very hot on 4+4ohms in summer.

Looks neat and tidy.

Any idea what the two To220 are for?

I think they are voltage regulators for the DIP preamps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.