Looking for AOL Sperry LM3875 schematic

Sperry Gainclone PCB assembley

Hi I know its one year old but if you are still looking I'm sure I have the original PDF somewhere! Don't worry I not asking for money - its just on another older computer that actually still has a lot of documents I should have salvaged.... :) Answer me by PM if you wish!

:edited by mod to remove email address.

AOL Speryy Audio

Hi I know its one year old but if you are still looking I'm sure I have the original PDF somewhere! Don't worry I not asking for money - its just on another older computer that actually still has a lot of documents I should have salvaged.... :) Answer me by PM if you wish!

:edited by mod to remove email address.

eleven years later, same problem ;-)

I also have two of those LM3875 PCBs around but no documentation.
Can you please send me a copy.

Regards
Peter

Last edited:
Its not the complete story, I have the assembly instructions scan in pdf but can't upload it - it somehow ended up as 10MB file..... Attached is a poor quality scan you might be able to make out. I'll see what I can do at the weekend, a rescan is in order. You may however have enough clues here to help you. Supply capacitors whatever you can fit at the voltage you are using!!!! 4 off 1,000uF 50V should cover most needs....

Attachments

• Audio Amplifier PCB for LM3875 Overture IC .pdf
    233.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Tidied up main Sperry document.....

Here is a better copy of the Sperry PCB documentation. If admin wish to remove the previous one to save space that'll inconvenience no-one.....

Attachments

• Sperry Audio Amplifier PCB for LM3875 Overture IC.pdf
    372.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
eleven years later, same problem ;-)

I also have two of those LM3875 PCBs around but no documentation.
Can you please send me a copy.

Regards
Peter

- Please find attached! Best Luck!

Simon
Pieroh,
both the schematics shown for inverting and non-inverting are poor. I would not build in either of those arrangements.
Re-design the component values to better suit the chip after you have decided whether to go inverting or non-inverting.

Those schematics (improved quality in 2nd posting) are from the datasheet and are what the board is based upon. I can attest to having build 2 of these PCBs (and have 4 more) and so far (3 yrs of intermittant, but often, use) have had no problem with them. There were no signs of oscillation and they ran coolish untill I really loaded them with 4 ohms, which is what I expect. They were still however thermally stable at elevated temperature.

They were both fitted on a single heatsink 250mm long x 80mm tall with 50mm long fins, quite a generous surface area, as is best for any chip-amp!

Last edited: