Denon UPA- F07 amp Mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Im doing a few mods to a Denon Upa-F07 Amp and I have a few questions.

1. Im replacing some Film capacitors can I put them in any way round or have they got a neg and positive.

2. Im also replacing some ceramic caps can I put them anyway round to.

3. Will replacing the 2 larger caps Power caps( 6800uf 50v) with 10000uf 50v ones create any problems.(they do fit)

4. Im thinking of bypassing the tone controls. From the volume pcb 5 wires(joined together) route to the tone control location, obviously '1 right out, 1 right in,' '1 left out, and 1 left in,' and a ground. how sould I go about this.

I was thinking route both right and left into each other respectivly using some spare capciotor leg wire, yet still conection the ground in the normal way.

Many Thx in advance

Here's a thread that I posted elsewhere a few months ago on the upgrades I performed to a Denon UDRA-M7 receiver - its tone control section seems to be similar to the UPA-F07.

Denon UDRA-M7 Receiver Upgrades

In addition, I changed the opamp on the tone-control board to an LT1213 and changed a few caps on the tone-control board to Elna Cerafines. That seemed to be sufficient, but you can experiment with other opamps/caps. I would not recommend bypassing the tone-control board.

If you're changing the PSU caps, stick to the same values or at most 10-15% larger. The ripple current stress on the transformers will increase with larger caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.