My 2.1 MINI HI-FI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry here is schematic .

oops forgot to add the circuit diagram , here goes the circuit diagram ..
comment people comment .

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 299
Hi !!! 1 kiloOhm is too low ,I would choose resistors starting from 15 K to 47 K;
also in the lowpass section ,3k3 is too low ,start from 10 K .
Question : since the subwoofer is intended to reproduce frequencies below 100 Hz , why didn't you put a mirror filter for High pass for the satellites ? are you relying on the natural mechanical cut of the little mid-wf drivers ?
DISCLAIMER !!! I never assembled successfully an electronic crossover with ICs ,I'm just reporting from memory what I've seen in other schematics !

Hi !!! 1 kiloOhm is too low ,I would choose resistors starting from 15 K to 47 K;
also in the lowpass section ,3k3 is too low ,start from 10 K .
Question : since the subwoofer is intended to reproduce frequencies below 100 Hz , why didn't you put a mirror filter for High pass for the satellites ? are you relying on the natural mechanical cut of the little mid-wf drivers ?
DISCLAIMER !!! I never assembled successfully an electronic crossover with ICs ,I'm just reporting from memory what I've seen in other schematics !

after simulating for endless hour those resistor value sits perfectly there , more over at high pass filer i just chose the capacitor value and that's the resistor value i calculated ..!! so they will work fine , more over we do not have much head room with capacitor that's why i stuck with those value . I have seen people using 100r for mixing register ... !! that being said , actually i just plan to make one stero set then thought just stereo will not do so i just added a sub pass filter to boost the bass , anyway the satellites i am using is rated for 120hz fs . it's just 2.1 speaker ... not 2.2 !! adding too much crossover will never work . the cross over uses Linkwitz alignment which is considered to be better than other !! :p

There's nothing wrong with it ,at least we're experimenting with lo-level signal and values can be changed on-board .
My approach is slightly different : I would investigate how to obtain a flat response from two speakers and after some days of evaluation based on listening ...oh ,well...if the source material is compressed music ,don't ever bother !

we do not have much head room with capacitor
What does that mean?

the satellites i am using is rated for 120hz fs
Exactly for that reason you should follow the advice to use a high-pass filter that relieves them from all frequencies below that.

too much crossover will never work
How much cross-over is too much?

the cross over uses Linkwitz alignment which is considered to be better than other
..if the speakers are flat at least one octave further than the crossing frequency. If they are not, the crossover must be chosen according to their frequency responses to achieve a flat sum.

Each of the low-pass filters in post #4 has a corner frequency of ~340 Hz. Combined they will achieve a -3 dB point ~270 Hz.
The values in post #8 will lead to ~310 Hz per filter or ~250 Hz total.
Both filters are quite high. If your satellites go down to 120 Hz, you should set the subwoofer's low-pass to that frequency.

What does that mean?

Exactly for that reason you should follow the advice to use a high-pass filter that relieves them from all frequencies below that.

How much cross-over is too much?

..if the speakers are flat at least one octave further than the crossing frequency. If they are not, the crossover must be chosen according to their frequency responses to achieve a flat sum.

Each of the low-pass filters in post #4 has a corner frequency of ~340 Hz. Combined they will achieve a -3 dB point ~270 Hz.
The values in post #8 will lead to ~310 Hz per filter or ~250 Hz total.
Both filters are quite high. If your satellites go down to 120 Hz, you should set the subwoofer's low-pass to that frequency.

well said but satellite says it starts to resonant at 120hz in free air , it does mean that i will resonate at 120hz in the box !! and problem with me is that i know specification of woofer but not the speaker , just fs is know rest parameters are not provided so i am relying upon woofer to match the things evenly , you way that i am just adding a bast boost circuit with a stereo sit in a nut shell that's why i did not add any high pass to main satellites .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.