My first Gainclone!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my first serious project. It's a LM3886 from chipamp.com. I got my inspiration from all the guys on this great forum!
Case is aircraft aluminum as well as the transformer cover. Isolating feet were machined from copper/bronze alloy. I machined the heatsink from solid copper billet. Red oak with a cherry stain dresses the sides. I cut the volume knob from acrylic and the bead blasted for a frosted look.
The transformer is a 300va 25 volt dual secondarys. Right now I am building some full range speakers to pair it with. I need to tidy up the wires still but overall I am happy with it.
I was wondering, if I wanted to put a subwoofer out for a powered sub what would be the best way to do this. I've searched but having trouble finding clear suggestions.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Bucks Iphone snapshots 085.jpg
    Bucks Iphone snapshots 085.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 296
  • Bucks Iphone snapshots 084.jpg
    Bucks Iphone snapshots 084.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Bucks Iphone snapshots 083.jpg
    Bucks Iphone snapshots 083.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 276
Thanks for the compliments. Very surprised on the quality of sound and the power out of such a small number of components.
I'll give that sub-out circuit a try.
If anyone is interested I can machine some costume isolating feet/spikes for your amp/speakers. I would gladly give out a few sets for all the knowledge I have gained from you guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.