LM4780 oscilation with reference PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I just build a LM4780 amplifier, using the reference PCB from national.com. The sad thing is that it goes into oscillation after 30-60 seconds after powering it on. Sometimes even faster with the source in. The oscillation occurs with source in or without it.
The only thing I changed from the difference layout were the Ci1 and Ci1, because I was unable to find 68uF, I used 47uF, but I don't think this is the problem.
Any advices are appreciated.

How do you know it's oscillating? Is it low frequency (motorboating) or high?

The 47uF shouldn't make a significant difference. If it's a reference design (is it the one in the datasheet?) the chances are you've built it wrong. If this is the case it can be very hard to find your error, you check it and check it but you don't see it.

w

Dou You have a picture of the built panel?
Did you electricaly isolate the IC from heatsink ?
(my TDA amp did funy things without it)

and how does Your PSU look like?

The bad resistor value should solve Your problem, if not then the above information might help us a fair bit.

so, after I changed the resistor, the amp works ok, .... :))) maybe wonderful is the right word, I just love how it sounds. And I am using some not so good Sony speakers (can't wait to change the tweeters) but still it sounds wonderful.
Yesterday I spent many hours with making the case. It lacks the upper part and left, but I have some perforated metal, and I will install it soon. Here are the pictures:

LM4780_AMPLIFIER

I also have to paint it, or cover with some textile don't know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.