Need help troubleshooting amplifier based on TDA2822

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a small 1W amplifier based on the TDA2822 chip. Schematic is here:

schematic

I have made a mistake and connected 12V AC to the circuit (did not read the power adapter label carefully). About a second later, I heard a pop and then I disconnected the circuit. Well, it doesn't work now. I have inspected the board but do not see any obvious burn marks.

This amp was built from a kit since my electronic knowledge is very limited. Could somebody point me in the right direction what to check to determine what got blown?

Thanks

It's a very portable amp, mine runs on 4*1600mAh 1.2V rechargables for days of "normal use" when I'm not using the wall supply. 4.8V is not a lot, but is OK for quiet-ish listening. Wall supply is 12V and can get as loud as any computer speakers.

Once I fried one using 5V at 20A from a PC power supply, still works but is like hooking up to a 2.5V source, that's how loud (soft) it goes before distortion. Scavanged another from a tiny radio and replaced. 3V radio isn't used anyway....and I did buy a fresh TDA from the electronics store :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.