TDA7294 in BTL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I'm looking at building a 2*TDA7294 BTL 2ch amp from an ebay kit. The kit is rated at 150w * 2. I am however going to configure it in a monoblock Bi-Amp style. I only want each BTL pair to put out 62.5w ish. with a Bi-Amp total of 125w @ 8 ohm. If the experiment is successful I will be driving a pair of Totem Rainmakers and I will build a second amp. The whole purpose of this neutering this amp is to be able to run cool at maximum output all day long with minimal distortion.
What Toroid voltage should I use to get my desired output, 12-0-12?

Thanks

Would you happen to know how to connect a dual secondary to a single Bridge Rectifier for the 15-0-15 that I need.

6423310odv.jpg

You want to run the amp all day long at maximum output? Distortion won't be an issue for you then. Hearing protection will be.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Pacific,

So, on my PCB I have a three screw terminal for VAC. If I take the 26 from the first secondary, 0 from the second, then connect the 0 & the 26 leftover to ground, what do I connect to the 0 part of the terminal strip? Just tie that to chassis ground? Correct?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.