speaker pop LM1875

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Use a relay to disconnect the speaker when you turn off the amplifier.

A simple way would be to use a mains voltage relay (switching the speaker outputs), connected in parallel with the transformer primary.

Then, the relay will turn off (and disconnect the speakers) before your capacitor banks discharge.

I wouldn't fuss with it for a woofer (who cares) or multi-way speaker. Only if the amplifier is driving a tweeter.

Hi

I use this circuit with my tda2050 sytem. It's simple and have few components.

Features
DC protection
Delay Power On
AC cut Off
No Pop On-Off

Tested!

Files attached

Attachments

• protector.PNG
    protector.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 671
  • ampli fuente proteccion_1023x768.jpg
    ampli fuente proteccion_1023x768.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 629
  • detector_dc_v2.pdf
    154.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Try to use a bleeder resistor across the PS capacitors. They will discharge the capacitors faster minimizing the noise.

This must be a misunderstanding. The bleeders discharge the capacitors when the amp is switched off. Noise should not be an issue by that time. While the amp is on, the bleeders do nothing except convert some electric energy into heat. They don't reduce noise.

Hi,
This is may sound silly but did you try to cover the relay with a foam? Maybe you can try another relay that are not so noisy. I think you may try lowering the relay voltage or bring slowing the relay voltage. You may increase the R3 to slowly charge the capacitor and removed the J3 transistor and make a jumper from the base of J3 to the J3 emitter. This will slowly bring the collector voltage of the J4 until the relay close. Now why the mechanical noisy bother you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.