chip amp assembly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which is the best fast-work easy method for inserting components & solder ?

Soldering by hand (holding iron by right hand & soldering wire by left) is one of the most time consuming & chances for bridging two points. I have to always check carefully by DMM connectivity. Another problem, after inserting components, I turn to solder side to solder, component drop down. I can't use adhesive because I may want to remove component for any reason. I have seen branded systems & their PCB, it looks clean & neatly soldered.

I think about FOUNTAIN PEN which can drop required ink to write well. Similarly FOUNTAIN PEN having soldering material (tin) instead of Ink. Where-ever I want to solder I just touch the pen tip, it drop required tin and get soldered ( Please don't laugh )

For DIY purpose I can't buy expensive machines. I want to know, how this job handled by expert members?

Thanks & Regards.

Fit the lowest profile components first.
The upside down PCB lies on top and the table top below prevents the components falling out.

Move progressively through from the lowest to the medium to the highest profile being the last to be inserted.
Zeners and signal diodes are usually the lowest profile.

As others have said, smallest components first, and bend the legs a bit.

For larger things like electrolytics, I usually hold it in place with my fingers and quickly dab a touch of solder to one leg with the iron, then properly solder the second leg. After that I go back and properly solder the first leg.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.