TDA2822 headphone amp - should I add volume pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to build a small headphone amplifier based on TDA2822 that runs on 3V. It is going to amplify an electric guitar into the headphones for night-time practicing. Guitar has volume pot so I am thinking that the amplifier does not really need one. Unfortunately, I am noob when it comes to design, schematics, etc so I do not really know what would be the best approach (having the potentiometer in the amp or not). Looking for your input.

Thanks.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yes, add a volume put so you can use the amp with different sources if you want to.
Also, with a volume control on the amp, you can now use the volume on the guitar as part of the controls that can give you a good tone while practicing.

Thanks for reply. That amp would be strictly for the guitar. The only other source that I could use it for is the iPod which also can control volume. I was thinking that having just one potentiometer would be better. Well, there is already spot on the PCB for the pot so that part is easy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.