will this work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Assuming it puts out the correct voltage should I scrap all the regulated circuit & just use the rectifiers or is there a way to make it work as is?
It is a Power supply board from a mid 80's Realistic integrated amp.

How can I figure out what to hook up where? it looked like the Red & Blue wires were used as power?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Is there any information on the board where various wires hook up?

Specifically near the brown/blue that go to the transformer and also the black/red/orange that go to the transformer.

Also what does it say near the red/blue?

Could you take a photo of the bottom of the board?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Ok, that helps... I was trying to figure just what in sam hill the primary was doing connected to the board. (I thought the primary was the brown/blue)

Before plugging it in, determine continuity of the secondary windings - for instance are the two browns a winding, or is it a blue and a brown?

Plug it in, and then get voltage readings on all the secondary wires. Be careful - electricity can be harmful or fatal! (This message brought to you by Lawyers...)

Once we know what the voltages are we can determine if it's appropriate for a chipamp.

BTW, do you have any project in mind?

Ok, that helps... I was trying to figure just what in sam hill the primary was doing connected to the board. (I thought the primary was the brown/blue)

Before plugging it in, determine continuity of the secondary windings - for instance are the two browns a winding, or is it a blue and a brown?

Plug it in, and then get voltage readings on all the secondary wires. Be careful - electricity can be harmful or fatal! (This message brought to you by Lawyers...)

Once we know what the voltages are we can determine if it's appropriate for a chipamp.

BTW, do you have any project in mind?

I'm building a LM3875
I may wait till tomorrow for readings, it's getting late here in the east;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.