Proximity of volume control to chip in IGC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
believe that the material used for chassis has at least 25 % effect on the sound. And going with a lowest mass is probably not the best solution either. In my monoblocks the sound was simply unnaceptable, until I made some structural changes. And my acrylic version still doesn't sound as good as all aluminum amp.

Peter

I have reached the conclusion that various effects on sound are not simply additive, they tend to change the sound in different directions. With supports and racks i have always prefered the light and rigid approach and was pleasantly surprised that my latest GC (very heavy) sounds good. That is without the top cover of course :)
I once saw the Niro open and was not impressed neither by the quality of the parts, nor by the general electrical construction (lots of cheap plastic connectors between the boards). It is certainly not a no-compromise design.

cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.