Proximity of volume control to chip in IGC - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2003, 06:41 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
believe that the material used for chassis has at least 25 % effect on the sound. And going with a lowest mass is probably not the best solution either. In my monoblocks the sound was simply unnaceptable, until I made some structural changes. And my acrylic version still doesn't sound as good as all aluminum amp.
Peter

I have reached the conclusion that various effects on sound are not simply additive, they tend to change the sound in different directions. With supports and racks i have always prefered the light and rigid approach and was pleasantly surprised that my latest GC (very heavy) sounds good. That is without the top cover of course
I once saw the Niro open and was not impressed neither by the quality of the parts, nor by the general electrical construction (lots of cheap plastic connectors between the boards). It is certainly not a no-compromise design.

cheers
Old 25th July 2003, 07:15 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
As the name indicates, Niro is probably concentrating more on mechanical aspect of a design than electrical (Mechanical Research Corporation)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th July 2003, 07:48 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Bricolo,

golden ratio or PHI:

Phi^2=phi+1

what follows is that phi=(1+5^0.5)/2
and (1-5^0.5)/2

or read how to do it here:

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal...nacci/phi.html

Ralph

Hide this!Advertise here!