Audio Amplifier TDA2030A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you tell me this circuitry of Audio Amp TDA2030A whether this is correct or not ?

Thank you !

Attachments

• tda2030apcbschematic.jpg
    tda2030apcbschematic.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 286
It looks as if there are components overlapping (flyback diodes and capacitors).
The input DC blocking cap is missing on the board.
Add 100 nF decoupling caps as per datasheet next to the TDA's supply pins.
Dedicated terminals or solder pads for the power supply will make things easier. If you connect the supply wires to components, there is the risk of inadvertently disconnecting the component while connecting the wire.
Avoid right-angled traces. Use curves or 45° angles.
You should also pool signal ground and power ground on the board so that you only need two return wires to the star point instead of six.

The diagram looks OK, have not checked the pcb. There are many configurations possible for this power opamp. I suggest you study the datasheet on this one. The diagram as shown above needs a dual supply.

Thank you for your inputs !

I am following the schematic from a audio amp book as I provided a snapshot in my first post. I am not following the datasheet of this amp. Why I need a dual supply ?

It looks as if there are components overlapping (flyback diodes and capacitors).
The input DC blocking cap is missing on the board.
Add 100 nF decoupling caps as per datasheet next to the TDA's supply pins.
Dedicated terminals or solder pads for the power supply will make things easier. If you connect the supply wires to components, there is the risk of inadvertently disconnecting the component while connecting the wire.
Avoid right-angled traces. Use curves or 45° angles.
You should also pool signal ground and power ground on the board so that you only need two return wires to the star point instead of six.

Thank you for your reply !

Can you explain this "You should also pool signal ground and power ground on the board so that you only need two return wires to the star point instead of six" ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.