16 chip gainclone wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need some advice on the wiring of my 6 channel car gainclone using 16 chips. it will have 2x parrelleled and bridged, and 4x bridged. i have attached an image of the amp. should i have a star +v, and star-v? how should i run the signal connections? the red boxes are power, blue is signal, green it speaker out, yellow are the chips, and grey is the heatsink.

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,058
if people did not understand the question, i would like advice about where is should run the wires. i was thinking of running 4 solid wires from the front to the back (one above each row of chips) and running all the wires along these, dropping wires down to the chips. i then thought that having signal, power and output wires running parellel may cause a problem. any help is appreiciated.

Matttcattt said:
ok, i will need +v, grounf, and -v stars. how should i run the signal and output wires? should i run all the cables to the sides of the case? power and output on one side, and signal on the other?

That sounds like a good plan. Have you read the twisting thread? Also; shielded signal cables (coax) helps alot.

Matttcattt said:
i need some advice on the wiring of my 6 channel car gainclone using 16 chips. it will have 2x parrelleled and bridged, and 4x bridged.

Woooooooooooooowwwww...
You'll better tape all your widows.
I've seen a back window jump because of a guy that was testing his new sub.:devily:
Is that a "KrellClone"? ;)

Matttcattt said:
i am going to have 2 seperate car batteries to power it. i will then have to charge these every so often... :scratch:

You may find on the market some 12v to 24v converters (switching PSUs).
Use two to get +/- 24V.

everyone seems to like the case :D i found it in a skip :cool:

i will post some better quality pictures soon, as i have a new camera.

Rarkov, i just had a look at your website again, to see if you have any internal photos of your gainclone, and you do have one, but the new flash "viewer" wont let me see the last photo, and all the photos are only thumbnails when clicked on, and they do not enlarge.

Hi Matttcattt,

Cool case.

It looks like you are using industrial components in your case. The side look like machine profiles, the top is some kind of perforated sheet and the fronts look like alum sheet anodized aluminum. Are the rack mounts just 90deg profile aluminum?

:)ensen.

purplepeople said:
Hi Matttcattt,

Cool case.

It looks like you are using industrial components in your case. The side look like machine profiles, the top is some kind of perforated sheet and the fronts look like alum sheet anodized aluminum. Are the rack mounts just 90deg profile aluminum?

:)ensen.

yes, the sides are extruded aluminium, the top (or bottom) is perferated aluminium sheet, the front and back is sheet aluminium, and the rack moutnts are just 90deg profile, yes.

Rarkov said:
;) It didn't work very well!

I've got Notepad open as I type developing an ASP/Access gallery system...Bare with me...

Gaz

will do :d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.