Gainclone layout check..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• gcl1.gif
    gcl1.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 402
Sorry nuuk, i wasnt expecting the post to be held in captive in customs because im a new member ;)

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any possible signal problems(such as interference from power rails) or if any ground loops have occoured, as for note the input(pin 10) is actually a bipolar,however expresspcb didnt have bipolar round pronged capacitors :)

Ok, the chip i'm going to use is the lm3886, however this board is compatible with the lm3876(below pin 1 and pin 5 is a set of holes for a jumper to go into to connect both of the v+'s together(required for 3886, according to the docs)
R6 has a .7 microhenry inductor wound around it(enamaled copper winding..), however directly underneath there is a ground plane the negative signal of the opamp(including feedback) is running directly under the inductor. Are you able to see any track placement related problems that could arise if this board was etched and used?

S.C said:
This looks professional, gj and mine looks kinda ghetto. What's the benfit of a wider piece of copper?

larger track width is required as the current going through the tracks increases, eg. if you were to use 1mm tracks with currents of 80amps going through it.. you would turn the track into a resistor, it will burn continue burning until something breaks the link(eg boom or crack!) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.