Decent, reasonable GC caps/resistor survey:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: I have to drop a line here...

millwood said:

I am just the opposite. I have had multiple Sony failing on me, but my Panasonic have held up reasonably well. The only Panasonic failed so far is a shortwave radio where the battery connection for somereason went south.

I was talking about Panasonic caps.
Their gear usually has plenty of them, but sometimes not so many.
The CD player I was talking about is a Telefunken.:devily:
My TV is Philips, and had a bad Panasonic cap.:dodgy:

This is probably old news to the more experienced builders here, but I just got the catalog of "Parts Express" (website here: http://www.partsexpress.com/ ) and it is much more help than the typical Mouser/Digikey catalog. Their printed catalog is free. Mine arrived in about 10 days. Definitely worth getting.

They have a ton of audio DIY stuff - hundreds of different drivers, real "ports" for less than a buck, and other stuff. And their descriptions of the qualities of the different caps and resistors they sell was most helpful.

As soon as my chips come in (can't remember whether I ordered the ones that need silpads or not) I will place a Mouser and Parts Express order for the rest of my amp components!

GND

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.